The training course 6.010101 Preschool Education
Kindergarten teacher of preschool age.
bachelor (the first cycle of higher education).
- Special requirements for admission:
none, admission is held on the general entrance terms.
- Special regulations about recognition of prior studying (formal, informal, unofficial):
Students get knowledge about the regularity of the development of preschool education and pedagogical science in Ukraine, near abroad in the field of upbringing and teaching of preschool children, psychological and physiological peculiarities of preschoolers, and innovative technologies of pedagogical pupil’s accompaniment.
Special attention in teaching is drawn to studying the scientific researches in the field of preschool education with maximum use of its heuristic possibilities.
Thorough mastering of academic subjects with wide application of practical training, research methods of peculiarities of preschool child development, corresponding the projection of pedagogical process in preschool educational institution (Departments are equipped with Regional centre of innovative technologies of preschool education, computer class, class room) allows to form highly qualified specialist of preschool education.
Specialists are able to carry out differential and individual approaches to children, to assist the development of abilities and inclinations; to apply the system of pedagogical influences which is based on national traditions, Pedagogy of cooperation , personality-centered approach to children; to conduct diagnostic examination of preschooler; to analyze the level of child development; to cooperate with the family; to plan , organize and effectively realize the pedagogical process in different age groups; to increase one’s own competence, pedagogical skills.
The characteristic feature of the professional training programme at the direction «Preschool Education» in Uman State Pedagogical University is the direction to solve the applied problems in the field of preschool education.
Total hours of educational programme are 240 credits ECTS, including modules of social and humanitarian units – 16 credits, fundamental natural and scientific modules – 25 credits, modules of professional and practical training – 97 credits, additional specialty.
Key learning outcomes.
1. Knowledge at subject sphere
Thorough knowledge at humanitarian, social and economic, psychological and pedagogical subjects, teaching which is oriented on the possibility to apply the obtained theoretical knowledge.
Basic idea about:
- modern methodology of scientific researches in the field of preschool pedagogy, child psychology;
- methods of Empirical pedagogy and psychology;
- technologies of preschool education, the methodology of working with early and preschool age in particular.
2. Cognitive abilities and skills in the subject sphere
- abilities and skills of abstract and creative thinking, the ability to creative and effective work in educational institutions;
- ability to apply knowledge and understanding to solve the practical tasks in the field of preschool education;
- ability to the assessment, interpretation та synthesis of psychological and pedagogical information of preschool children, obtained from the different sources;
- skills «to project» and realize the pedagogical process in different age groups of preschool institutions;
- abilities and skills of realizing innovative technologies of preschool education in their future professional activities.
3. Practical skills in the subject sphere
- ability to use psychological and pedagogical knowledge and practical skills at fundamental and professional subjects in the process of development of upbringing and teaching of preschool children;
- ability to use the specialized computer software.
4. General abilities and skills
The objects of Bachelor activity according to educational and professional directions «Preschool Education» are the organization of the development training process of preschool children in modern institutions.
Professional profile: the kindergarten teacher of preschool age.
Project and organize the pedagogical accompaniment of preschool children in modern preschool institutions.
- ability to consider and apply in practice of pedagogical work the main psychological and pedagogical regularities, pedagogical principles skills of professional competence;
- ability to consider the process of social development of society, legal principles and ethical standards in pedagogical and social activity of kindergarten teacher of preschool age;
- ability to self-study and continuation of professional development;
- communication skills, including oral and written communication in the Ukrainian language and one of the widespread European language;
- cooperation skills with other people, abilities to work in pedagogical staff;
- ability to organize pedagogical activity and effective management at working time.
- Professional profiles of graduates with examples.
bachelor with the training course «Preschool Education» can continue the education in the second cycle of higher education (degrees – Specialist, Master) at the speciality «Preschool Education»
Specialist – 1 year course on the basis of the Bachelor’s Degree; Master - 1 year course on the basis of the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Access to further education:
rregulations about the organization of educational process in Uman State Pedagogical University named after Pavlo Tychina.
completed educational programme with 240 credits successful state attestation at the sitting of the state examining board.
The Director of the Programme or the assigned official:
Popychenko Svitlana Sergiivna, candidate of pedagogical sciences, the Dean of Preschool Education Department.
- Rregulations about final exams, assessment and marks/grades:
Scheme Curriculum for Bachelor’s Degree in Speciality 6.010101 Preschool Education
Discription of individual course units:
|Course unit title:
||Course unit code:
||History of Ukraine
||History of Ukrainian Culture
||Ukrainian Language (professionally aimed)
||The English language
||Information technologies of teaching
||Modern Training Facilities
||Bases of ecology
||Fundamentals of medical knowledge
||Bases of defectology
||Introduction to subject «Preschool Education»
||Pre – school pedagogics
||History of pre – school pedagogics
||Principles of scientific investigations
||Bases of environmental study
||Teaching methodology of pre – school children acquaintance with nature
||Pre – school lingvodidaktics
||Basis of fine art and methodology of its management
||Theory and methodics of physical training
||Theory and teaching methodology of elementary preschool age children mathematical notions forming
||Theory and teaching methodology of musical education
||Computer technologies in the work with children
||The theory and teaching methodology of cooperation with families
||Artistic work and design bases
||Psychology of Children’s Creativity
||Basis of culture and technique of communication